Research and Policy Material
The John Howard Society of Alberta regularly prepares new research or policy material. We are pleased to make available a number of publications that have been prepared by our office.
All documents are in PDF format except where otherwise noted.
IMPORTANT: Please note that the information and/or legislation cited may have changed since the first publication of these resources.
- Justice for Young Offenders (2007)
- Youth Criminal Justice Act Handbook (includes 2012 changes in legislation)
- Youth Criminal Justice Act Roundtable - Submission of John Howard Societies in Alberta (May 21, 2008)
- Youth Justice Committees in Alberta (2007)
- An Analysis of the Issue of “Delay” For Sentencing Purposes by Accused Held in Remand (2009)
- Electronic Monitoring Update (2006)
- An Examination of Citizen Involvement in Complaints Regarding Police (2005)
- Social Capital, Social Entrepreneurs and Safer Communities – Enabling Alberta’s Communities to Work out Lasting Solutions (2008)
Newsletter: The Reporter
Past issues of our newsletter can be accessed on our newsletter page.