Programs and Services
- Community Criminal Justice Education Program – CJEP offers school and community programs that maximize awareness and discussion regarding responsibility, crime, laws and the operation of the criminal justice system. This service is funded by the Alberta Law Foundation and is offered at no cost to schools across the Province through John Howard Societies.
- Student Placement – Students participating in complimentary post-secondary programs can be provided with practicum experiences in the John Howard Society of Red Deer programs. Examples of such programs might be Rehabilitation, Social Services, or Psychology.
- Client Intake/Liaison – This program funded by the United Way of Central Alberta offers support services to individuals who have been recently incarcerated or a currently remanded into custody in the City of Red Deer. Support may include communication and referral services on behalf of clients, or one-on-one support sessions.
- Employment Closet – This service provides, where possible, clothing that is suitable for those recently incarcerated to attend employment or interviews and a small wardrobe for those first few weeks of employment; for those who can demonstrate the need.
- Horizon House – Horizon House is a community based residential facility for men and women granted conditional release by the National Parole Board. This facility is staffed 24/7 and offers supports, referrals, and supervision to clients who demonstrate a willingness to develop a responsible lifestyle. This service is funded by Correctional Services Canada.
For more information about the Red Deer John Howard Society, please visit our website at www.jhsrd.ca.
Red Deer John Howard Society
4916 – 50 Street
Red Deer, AB
Phone: (403) 343-1770
Fax: (403) 346-8740